A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
You can find the feedback form >>>>>>>>>>here<<<<<<<<<<<.
This is the pre-alpha version. This project has only three months of development on it. So EVERYTHING is subject to change.
The main purpose of this page is to gather feedback. So if you can take 5-10 minutes to test the game and give a feedback, you'll have my premium thanks (which is much better than a regular thanks).
Another thing. This project is done in an open source way. Which means you have access to the source code (obviously) (MIT license), but also to every design document.
One last thing, I keep a devlog where I write what I do every workday. If you want to see what an Indie dev do everyday and/or hear me rant, this is the file you're looking for.
Rogue Cadet is a 2D SHMUP/Roguelite game where you fight for the glory of the New
Spanish Inquisition (which nobody expected)
In a nutshell:
- Fight in a monster-clustered dungeon
- Make money
- Craft a more awesome ship
Oh, and big explosions, don't forget about big explosions.
Since I'm french and most of people I know are. I made the keyboard controls with AZERTY in mind. If you're on another layout, you NEED to change the keybindings in the Unity launcher "Input" tab.
However if you're playing with an XBOBX 360 PC controller, you should be fine (and have a better experience too).
Story (not in the game yet):
Attention citizens! Your mighty and benevolent leaders, The New Spanish Inquisition, just discovered an ancient Alien sanctuary. As you know, our leaders are always eager to improve our safety through better armament. And this the perfect occasion, as at the core of this sanctuary, lies an incommensurable source of power! But we need you! Exploring the ruins are no easy task, and only those compatible with our glorious hamster-powered suits have a chance of success. As such all individuals aged 14 to 60 must present themselves to a compatibility test center for immediate assessment. Those lucky enough will be selected and send to the sanctuary where they will have the incredible opportunity to glorify themselves, their family and the entire nation! So onward! For the glory of the New Spanish Inquisition! What amazing days we live in!
- SHMUP: Dodge bullets with precision, explode countless enemies, feel like the most powerful human being ever. The advantages of a SHMUP are countless.
- Roguelite: Nothing gets you the "one more time" feeling like a fast paced roguelite (except maybe slot machines).
- Progression: Who doesn't want to be more powerful? Having an overpowered ship thanks to the death of countless cadets, that's priceless.
- Game engine: Unity 5
- Music: Cyborg Ninja by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Sounds: Made by me, with bfxr
- Graphics (ships, bullets, explosion): "Spaceship Shooter Environment" by ansimuz
- Graphics (background, walls): "Sci-fi platform tiles" by PancInteractive. Licensed under the OGA-BY 3.0
- Download file
- Unzip it
- Do whatever you do on your OS to install a program
- Gamepad / Keyboard controls might not be adapted to your OS/device. You can change them in the "Input" tab in the launcher.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.