A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Rogue Cadet is a 2D SHMUP/Roguelite game where you try to survive in a procedural bullet hell.
In a nutshell:
- Fight in a monster-clustered dungeon
- Make money
- Craft a more awesome ship
Oh, and big explosions, don't forget about big explosions.
This is the late beta version. There is still some stuff to fix, but the game is in a good playable state.
Feedback is always received with open arms. So feel free to leave comments. You'll have my premium thanks (which is much better than a regular thanks).
Another thing. This project is done in an open source way. Which means you have access to the source code (obviously) (MIT license), but also to every design document. I also keep a devlog where I write what I do every workday. If you want to see what an Indie dev do everyday and/or hear me rant, this is the file you're looking for.
The keyboard controls are based on AZERTY by default. You can rebind them easily in the settings.
Playing with a gamepad is recommended. The controls defaults to an Xbox 360 mapping. But then again, you can rebind them in the settings menu.
Attention citizens! Your mighty and benevolent leaders just discovered an ancient Alien sanctuary. As you know, our leaders are always eager to improve our safety through better armament. And this the perfect occasion, as at the core of this sanctuary, lies an incommensurable source of power! But we need you! Exploring the ruins is no easy task, and only those compatible with our glorious hamster-powered suits have a chance of success. As such all, individuals aged 14 to 60 must present themselves to a compatibility test center for immediate assessment. Those lucky enough will be selected and sent to the sanctuary. There, those "cadets" will have the incredible opportunity to glorify themselves, their family, and the entire nation! So onwards! Time to kill some monsters! What amazing days we live in!
- SHMUP: Dodge bullets with precision, explode countless enemies, feel like the most powerful human being ever. The advantages of a SHMUP are countless.
- Roguelite: Nothing gets you the "one more time" feeling like a fast paced roguelite (except maybe slot machines).
- Progression: Who doesn't want to be more powerful? Having an overpowered ship thanks to the death of countless cadets, that's priceless.
- Strategy: You'll have to choose among multiple ships, and equip them with various upgrades and weapons. But here's the catch: you can only carry so much weight, so you'll have to make choices.
- (Bonus) Colorblind mode: Not perfect, but if you're a deuteranope or a protanope, you should be able to experience the game as intended.
- Game engine: Unity 5
- Musics: "Cyborg Ninja" and "Level Up", both by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Sounds: Made by me, with bfxr
- Graphics (ships, bullets, explosion): "Spaceship Shooter Environment" by ansimuz
- Graphics (background, walls): "Sci-fi platform tiles" by PancInteractive. Licensed under the OGA-BY 3.0
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.