A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
You can find the feedback form >>>>>here<<<<<<.
This is the prototype version. This project has only one month of development on it. So EVERYTHING is subject to change.
The main purpose of this page is to gather feedback. So if you can take 5-10 minutes to test the game and give a feedback, you'll have my premium thanks (which is much better than a regular thanks).
Another thing. This project is done in an open source way. Which means you have access to the source code (obviously) (MIT license), but also to every design document.
One last thing, I keep a log file where I write what I do every workday. If you want to see what an Indie dev do everyday and/or hear me rant, this is the file you're looking for.
Rogue Cadet is a 2D SHMUP/Roguelite game where you fight for the glory of the New Spanish Inquisition (which nobody expected)
In a nutshell:
- Kill randomly generated aliens
- Make money
- Craft a more awesome ship
Oh, and big explosions, don't forget about big explosions.
You're Spiff, freshly graduated from the mandatory cadet school. You're eager to prove your amazing pilot skills. The New Spanish Inquisition (which nobody expected) is the almighty world
dictator leader. They just discovered an ancient Alien sanctuary after an explosion caused by a prototype of their hamster-powered engine. Eager to weaponize alien technology, they'll send you to explore this ungodly sanctuary (may cause sudden death). The more aliens you can kill, the more data they'll have. And more data equals more insane technologies! So onward! For the glory of the New Spanish Inquisition! What glorious days we live in!
- SHMUP: Dodge bullets with precision, explode countless enemies, feel like the most powerful human being ever. The advantages of a SHMUP are countless.
- Roguelite: Nothing gets you the "one more time" feeling like a fast paced roguelite (except maybe slot machines).
- Progression: Who doesn't want to be more powerful? Having an overpowered ship thanks to the death of countless cadets, that's priceless.
- Game engine: Unity 5
- Music: Cyborg Ninja by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Sounds: Made by me, with bfxr
- Graphics (ships, bullets, explosion): "Spaceship Shooter Environment" by ansimuz
- Graphics (background, walls): "Sci-fi platform tiles" by PancInteractive. Licensed under the OGA-BY 3.0
- Download file
- Unzip it
- Do whatever you do on your OS to install a program
- Gamepad / Keyboard controls might not be adapted to your OS/device. You can change them in the "Input" tab in the launcher.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.